11:31 AM

Belated Birthday


Wow, I am behind already and I've just begun! A month ago today, March 23rd, Dylan turned 1. Looking back at the day and the past year I stand in awe of God. God is so good and faithful. This past year with Dylan has been an amazing experience and I am only excited to see what else God has in store for us as a family.

I can truly say that I never thought that Dylan would change as much as he did in the past year. A childs development in the first year of their life is intriguing and amazing and can only be explained by looking at the hands of our Maker. The "firsts" a child experiences are too many to count, however, I have compiled a list of a few milestones that Dylan experienced in his first year on this earth:



  • Dylan smiled, cooed, babbled

  • Dylan rolled over

  • Dylan sat up

  • Dylan got the his first tooth (three months) and seven more followed in his first year

  • Dylan started eating solids (3 1/2-4 months)

  • Dylan got many earaches (2-10 months)

  • Dylan sat up

  • Dylan stood

  • Dylan began saying words (i.e., dada, mama, hot, yep)

  • Dylan got tubes (10 months)

  • Dylan finally started sleeping through the night (10 1/2 months - we really needed the tubes)

  • Dylan started crawling and walking the same day (11 1/2 months)

  • Etc.

You get the picture....how do they change so drastically! Dylan was 7 lbs. 12 oz. when born and after a year he weighed in at 26 lbs...he almost quadrupled in size. Anyways, it is amazing and can only be described as I said before as a God Thing.

0 comments: