10:15 AM

Decorating Pumpkins


http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/devriesmail/?action=view&current=MOV00692.flv (Double Click to view video clip)

This morning Dylan and I went to the store and we purchased some paint so he could paint a face on his pumpkin instead of carving his pumpkin with a knife. As you can tell from the pictures above he had a lot of fun painting a scary picture on his pumpkin (He told me he was painting a scary face on his pumpkin because he wanted to scare his daddy).
I think I have an aversion to pumpkin carving for good reason. When I was 10 or so, I sliced my finger with a knife when I was carving my pumpkin and had to get stiches, it was a bit traumatic, or so I thought. The whole incident shouldn't have happened if I would have heeded my parents advice and waited for the proper pumpkin cutting knives which were being used by my sister and brother at the time, however, I was the typical impatient 10 year old. Anyway, my past experience with carving pumpkins and the fact that Dylan is only 2 1/2 is the reason we painted instead of carved.

0 comments: