10:33 AM

Growing Up



Currently, I am downstairs in the office trying to get away from the crying little girl upstairs. This morning I went to the doctor with Cassidy because I thought she had an ear infection...she hasn't been sleeping well for the past four nights, however, this was not the case, she's perfectly healthy. According to the doctor she loves me way too much, especially at night and she is going through some separation anxiety. Additionally, she hates sleeping in her crib, she'd rather sleep in her car seat...I told the dr. and he informed me that I needed to let her "cry it out". I did this with Dylan, but he wasn't as bad, he'd take naps and sleep in his crib. Anyway, I've been listening to her cry for 40 minutes...it's really hard not to pick her up and cuddle with her, but I know it will get better and eventually she'll fall asleep. If anyone has suggestions on how to get her to sleep (she doesn't like pipes...so she doesn't have a comfort mechanism right now) I welcome your advice.

The pics above just show her growing up, she's almost sitting by herself, she started eating cereal and she's rolling over a little...how fast they grow up.

3 comments:

Katie said...

She is getting so big! Sylvia started going through the same thing at 4 months and she still doesn't sleep though the night anymore (although she seems to be taking naps fine now). Its so frustrating, but I have to keep reminding myself she'll get past it eventually. It doesn't make it any easier though :)

Triplet Mom said...

Oh yes! I remember it well! With us it was Olivia. At around 4 months she would cry in the middle of the night. The first night we let her cry it out (50 min). The second night 30 min, the third night 10 min. and then nothing. It is worth it to keep at it. They are not hungry, and they need to learn how to self-soothe to get back to sleep. It is SO WORTH IT! You don't want to be dealing with this yet 2 months from now. Do I sound like a book? Funny because I only read one book & it was about triplets. This is pure experience talking. You can do it Kim!

Leslie Griffen said...

Wow she looks so much like Dylan, how quickly they change!!